Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Near-Fatal Car Wreck

I received a call from my very best friend that he had just received a call that his wife never made her morning appointment. He started calling hospitals and finally found her. She had pulled out in front of another vehicle at a seeming 4-way stop that was actually a 2-way stop. The other vehicle had t-boned her right on the drivers side. I remember racing around the interstate, trying to get to the ER as fast as I could.

Within minutes our minister and a few elders from our church showed up there. They literally laid hands on her and prayed. She was in a comma and the one thing I remembered hearing was that she only had a 15% chance of surviving. That night I prayed (along with hundreds of others I’d guess) that this woman, this wonderful friend of ours would be restored. Within the next couple days, she came out of her coma and within a couple weeks made a full recovery. This was God working and doctors being amazed. Now, I don’t know why God chooses to restore some and allow others to pass, but I know this was directly His hand at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment